It takes just a few notes of the opening pounding bass line to that theme song of the once popular T.V. show, now action-movie series Mission Impossible, and we find ourselves singing it out loud. For those that watched weekly as our hero received his instructions (right before the tape would magically self-destruct), or for those that now follow the amazing, movie versions, we never saw our star say, “No, I don’t think so. Not this time.” He always accepted the impossible mission. And he was always successful.
This past Sunday, we started a new series at The Fellowship. It’s Called SENT. We took a look at the impossible situation of sin. A problem that we just can’t in and of ourselves–solve. In addition, we talked about the fact that Jesus was on a mission. One that was given to Him by God. Here were five things we discussed about how Jesus was SENT and why He was so successful:
1. He was SENT by GOd in the Power of the Holy Spirit.
2. He was SENT to tell about the Good News.
3. He was SENT to practice what He preached.
4. He was SENT to form a community of the Good News.
5. He was SENT to finish and complete the Good News through His death, burial and resurrection.
Most of all, we were reminded that He did all of this for you and for me. Pretty awesome. If you’d like to hear more, watch this past week’s message online.
We hope you’ll join us this Sunday as we continue to see what being SENT is all about.